This has been my staple for the past couple of days. I don't always use roast pork, most of the time i use canned tuna and it is extremely flavourful together with the sweet cherry tomatoes. my ingredients vary with what's in the fridge and this is considered a version with a lot of ingredients *^^* extremely simple to prepare and put together.
also, i don't season my Aglio Olio because of the type of meat i use. The canned tuna i use sufficiently salts the dish and roast pork is already quite salty. so i don't season at all. sometimes i'll throw in some dried oregano or basil or things like that because i do have some spice bottles in the kitchen. but keeping it simple, i don't.
also, i don't always have white button mushrooms in the fridge so i use shitake mushrooms (those which needs to be soaked beforehand) and they taste just as fine, if not, better.
And this is how i do it ^^':
pardon the bad pictures, the garlic was about to burn and i couldn't take another picture ^^'
Aglio Olio Serves 1
A bunch of Angel Hair Spaghetti (you can use any kind of pasta really, but i've found that Angel Hair works the best)
Bell pepper (use any colour you like, i usually use 2-3 slices and chop them up)
2 White button mushrooms
4 Cherry tomatoes
1 Chili padi
A spoon of minced garlicRoast Pork (or any kind of meat. i sometimes use half a can of Tuna)
- Cook Angel Hair spaghetti for 3 minutes in a pot of boiling water with a dash of oil and salt. When ready, drain and set aside. (i don't really drain, but twirl them up with a fork onto the plate i'm going to be eating it on)
- Prepare other ingredients: Remove stem of mushrooms and slice. Halve the tomatoes. Chop up the 2 slices of bell pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and chili and fry till fragrant just before it browns.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Cook well. (I TOSS IT LIKE A CHEF HEHE)
- Add spaghetti and toss it like a chef :D