Wednesday, September 24, 2014
1. Petal is our cat and this is her latest hangout. before anyone judges her name, let me say that she was found in a bed of flowers which was why the people who found her named her Petal. anyhow, she is a cat with a supermodel figure (long body man) and she lazily says hi to our neighbours who passes the corridor. ^^' a cat's gotta do what a cat's gotta do.
2. my friend Abigail is currently in Channel U's Project Superstar and i filmed this as part of her special feature. basically she declared to the world that i was her 最爱的人. LOL ^^' we filmed this at Bishan Park and it was an extremely good day with an overzealous sun. when the footage was aired i had tons of people texting me commenting on my Chinese, my hair etc. and i kept getting screenshots of me talking. WHO LOOKS GLAM TALKING -.-. anyway it was pretty fun despite the fact that the wind that day didn't seem to agree with my hair. Project Superstar is still airing every Monday at 8PM. download ToggleNow to vote for Abigail!! *^^*
3. i had wanted to update after making some Strawberry Swirl Cream Cheese Pound Cake but the
haze has been rather bad and i've developed somewhat of a dry cough from last night. i didn't even go to church because i was kept awake by this mysterious lump in my throat and only managed to fall asleep at 3AM.
4. i recently launched a project that i started on my own a couple of months ago. i'm bringing in an ex-YG dancer who was my dance instructor in Korea. (omg i have typed this so many times that i am just ._. ) but yes. she is a fantastic dancer and i had really wanted to bring her in because i felt that people who were into K-POP or dance or things like that would really appreciate the opportunity to learn from someone who have performed professionally in the industry.
organising this wasn't, and isn't easy. and saying that is the official opening of floodgates to come. i literally one-girl-showed everything from plane tickets, accommodation, studio, Facebook page, marketing and (almost) all promotional materials. through this experience (so far) i have really learnt so much. so so so much. and i've also experienced so much support that my friends and family have given me. i question myself and ask if this is the right thing to do. it had honestly started out simply because i wanted to help her, as a friend or a student. no thoughts of profits, no thoughts of business. and then, it just happened. so this is what i have been doing these days. spending the lasts of my days before work starts next week planning, marketing, promoting, photoshopping, selling. it's extremely draining and i found myself at a breaking point yesterday. but then again, it might be the drugs i'm on. anti-inflammatories has a tendency to make me depressed. it might also be because i had been staying home for some days trying to recover so that i can tutor my PSLE kid tomorrow without the fear of spreading any germs to her.
but yes. i have been learning a lot from this one project that i have single-handedly created, crafted, planned and eventually execute. i don't think i regret it.
5. i signed my contract yesterday, and i'd be starting work next week. a little short notice but i'm glad and am thankful that i had the buffer of about a month or so and that i really have been trying to make the best of everyday, going out with friends and spending time with people who are important because that's when time is meaningful. spending time alone is certainly meaningful as well but if you spend time alone everyday it starts to lose its value. which is why i had abi come out with me today and we had lunch together after which i'm spending some work time at Starbucks in Bugis, working and editing on more posters for publicity purposes, doing more arranging and planning and promotion. at least i feel slightly more sane than i was yesterday when i perpetually felt like i was rotting at home. waiting for abi to be done with shopping~
6. i am also taking this opportunity to really move closer to God and believing that all things work for His good. it isn't easy, isn't easy at all. but i'm starting to do my quiet time once again in a bid stop my mind from running at night and to help me sleep better. despite the cough syrup and flu pills, i am still having some trouble falling asleep.
7. i know it's already Wednesday and i'm like 3 days overdue. but i really have been rather busy and sick and trying to get well and somehow, i get stuck ever so often while typing this. but everything is made for man and not man for it right? we must learn to be flexible!!! hahahahaha. ok sorry. i will try to be on time more often.
meanwhile, i hope everyone's having a great week AND PLEASE SIGN UP FOR THE WORKSHOP if you're interested! means a lot to me. <3
Monday, September 15, 2014
|View from Discovery Bay|
|Breakfast at Australia Dairy Company|
i had missed last week's Sunday Afternoon because i was in Hong Kong! but i really do have tons to talk about so i think i'd be able to make up for it some time this week with another post.
|On the Airport Express; Luggage and I|
i was absolutely devastated. i got home to a very comforting brother who just laughed at me and told me that such nonsense happens and i shouldn't feel too bad about it. exhausted, i went back to sleep, only waking up to make lunch for my brother and i. after which my parents decided at 1pm that i should take the 3pm flight. so basically i was processing the change 2 hours before the flight, at home. then i got ready and my brother rushed me to the airport. i landed at about 7pm and took awhile to change some currency (yes i had no currency hahahaha) and buy an Octopus card out of the airport. made my way to Mongkok via the train and met my parents at the foot of Langham Place - where we were staying.
the following days were spent with my brother's gf's family and meeting friends residing in HK. eating, eating and EATING. and being fed up with the pre-mid-autumn weekend crowd. oh, and swimming in the really beautiful Langham Place's pool.
2. i made some awesome strawberry jam two days ago and it was mad easy. i'll be posting about it probably some time this week when i find the time to take some shots.
3. i came across this post on Compatibility and Chemistry in Relationships and find it to be extremely interesting and quite a theoretical way of analysing a relationship. pretty relevant i would say.
4. i love that Fall is closing in on us. i know we stay in Singapore and everyone says that we are summer all year round. that is true. but i think it is also undeniable that it does get cooler towards the end of the year and summer Summer in June is truly one of the hottest times of the year. signs of Fall in Singapore include the increased frequency in rainfall, wind and a slight drop in temperature. i actually do change my wardrobe according to season - there are some clothes that are really more Fall-Wintery while some are really bright, colourful and Summery.
so recently, it has been raining a little more often and it is slightly cooler i feel. not time to whip out those stockings or tights just yet but i have been pulling out a couple more knits and changing my shoes for the season. Fall is absolutely my favourite season of the year, followed by Winter. in fact, i really love the Winter season (definitely nothing close to true Winter) here, but the holiday mood just seeps right in and visions of memories flash past my mind more often. from Christmas Eve nights spent at Clarke Quay with Starbucks in hand, to days of Christmas Carolling at The Star Vista.
|Blueberry Crumble Muffin|
5. speaking of the change in season, i have also prepped my pantry to prepare for Fall goodies like Apple Cinnamon Rolls, Apple Pies (or pies, tarts and crumbles of any sort), and Baked Pastas. it could also be my love for apple and cinnamon and that fall just happens to be the season for it. i am also reminded of the Fall i spent in Korea exactly a year ago. Paris Baguettes literally serve up Apple breads and pastries of various sort and i had myself trying everything i could lay hands on. (which explains my weight gain then ^^') the food bloggers were posting all these Fall food recipes that i couldn't try because i had no oven in Korea so i bookmarked all of them and i WILL do all of them this year.
6. this leads me to discuss about the abundance of time that i currently enjoy. heh. honestly, my time for freedom left is rather uncertain so i really am trying to do everything that i want to before i begin the next phase of my life. it is exciting, absolutely. and i look forward to learn more and develop myself as a person in a new environment. so i will bake more this week, pack my room, decide on the additional decors i want and fix up everything else i want to do. (i really want to fix the kitchen.) this is also the reason why i will be cycling tomorrow (hopefully if air quality and weather permits) with Grandpa and Jo.
7. Grandpa asked me to cycle with him tomorrow. i was rather reluctant, honestly. swimming is more of my thing. but since he asked, and i'm not sure when i can spare such time to spend with him once i start working, i decided to get myself out and have some (hopefully) fresh air tomorrow. for context, the haze seems to be lingering in the air today, so i do hope that it'll be gone tomorrow.
9. the start of a new week; learning to live in the present and not for the future.
10. it's going to be a fantastic week ahead <3
i feel myself overflow with positivity already
Monday, September 1, 2014
1. i attended a cousin's wedding at Capella Singapore this morning/afternoon and probably had more alcohol than i ever had at any other wedding simply because the food service took rather long and there were plenty of waiting gaps which we (or i rather), spent sipping our glasses. since i don't take sodas or fizzy drinks, i settled with the other choices. :D it was a very beautiful wedding and my first wedding luncheon.
2. i am feeling extremely sleepy
3. my throat hurts and i'm convinced that it might be the drying alcohol. ok.
4. my BFF Wu Zhijun recently flew back (for good i presume), from Australia and i'm meeting her in the coming week *^^*
5. i have been feeling the weight of God's grace, mercy and abundant favour in my life, yet i have also been reminded that we all only have one life, and am really only young once. where do we want to invest our youth in? these 20-something years we have are numbered and limited. although age is sometimes really just a number.
there are really so many possibilities in our lives. we could do whatever we wanted to. limits are drawn by ourselves. but then do we really know what we want in life? a senior once told me that honestly you'll never know what you want until you go about trying different things. which is why i'd just try anything. but ultimately i think i do know the direction that i want to head. with this life that we have, what is it that you want to make sure that you'd never regret when you face death?
i'm not sure but i believe that everyone has had or have a vision of how they want or had wanted their lives to be like. how they would be living. will it always be a distant idea, somewhere that only exists in your head or are you going to go about doing something about that dream to make it your reality. i was listening to the radio the other day and the DJ mentioned that this was one of the top few regrets that many dying people have expressed. i was certain, at that point, that i didn't want to be one of them. doing is sometimes better to have not done at all.