Monday, September 15, 2014

Sunday Afternoons; Hong Kong


View from Discovery Bay
Breakfast at Australia Dairy Company

i had missed last week's Sunday Afternoon because i was in Hong Kong! but i really do have tons to talk about so i think i'd be able to make up for it some time this week with another post.


On the Airport Express; Luggage and I
1. i made a spontaneous decision to join my parents in HK on Friday and booked my ticket on Friday evening for the flight the next day at 730AM. it was probably one of the most YOLO things i've done. and then i had to stay up to 2 in the morning trying to pack everything. ^^' i had only an hour to sleep before i had to get up and leave with my parents. we were booked on different flights about half hour away so i left with them. well, to cut the long story short, it turned out that in my excitement of being YOLO, i had booked my flight a day later instead of Saturday. absolutely fail moment and a lesson that i will definitely remember for a long long time. i tried to get it changed but there were no more seats left for the morning flights for the rest of the day, so i headed home, alone, with a luggage, on the train.

..
i was absolutely devastated. i got home to a very comforting brother who just laughed at me and told me that such nonsense happens and i shouldn't feel too bad about it. exhausted, i went back to sleep, only waking up to make lunch for my brother and i. after which my parents decided at 1pm that i should take the 3pm flight. so basically i was processing the change 2 hours before the flight, at home. then i got ready and my brother rushed me to the airport. i landed at about 7pm and took awhile to change some currency (yes i had no currency hahahaha) and buy an Octopus card out of the airport. made my way to Mongkok via the train and met my parents at the foot of Langham Place - where we were staying.

the following days were spent with my brother's gf's family and meeting friends residing in HK. eating, eating and EATING. and being fed up with the pre-mid-autumn weekend crowd. oh, and swimming in the really beautiful Langham Place's pool.

2. i made some awesome strawberry jam two days ago and it was mad easy. i'll be posting about it probably some time this week when i find the time to take some shots.

3. i came across this post on Compatibility and Chemistry in Relationships and find it to be extremely interesting and quite a theoretical way of analysing a relationship. pretty relevant i would say.

4. i love that Fall is closing in on us. i know we stay in Singapore and everyone says that we are summer all year round. that is true. but i think it is also undeniable that it does get cooler towards the end of the year and summer Summer in June is truly one of the hottest times of the year. signs of Fall in Singapore include the increased frequency in rainfall, wind and a slight drop in temperature. i actually do change my wardrobe according to season - there are some clothes that are really more Fall-Wintery while some are really bright, colourful and Summery.

so recently, it has been raining a little more often and it is slightly cooler i feel. not time to whip out those stockings or tights just yet but i have been pulling out a couple more knits and changing my shoes for the season. Fall is absolutely my favourite season of the year, followed by Winter. in fact, i really love the Winter season (definitely nothing close to true Winter) here, but the holiday mood just seeps right in and visions of memories flash past my mind more often. from Christmas Eve nights spent at Clarke Quay with Starbucks in hand, to days of Christmas Carolling at The Star Vista.

Blueberry Crumble Muffin

5. speaking of the change in season, i have also prepped my pantry to prepare for Fall goodies like Apple Cinnamon Rolls, Apple Pies (or pies, tarts and crumbles of any sort), and Baked Pastas. it could also be my love for apple and cinnamon and that fall just happens to be the season for it. i am also reminded of the Fall i spent in Korea exactly a year ago. Paris Baguettes literally serve up Apple breads and pastries of various sort and i had myself trying everything i could lay hands on. (which explains my weight gain then ^^') the food bloggers were posting all these Fall food recipes that i couldn't try because i had no oven in Korea so i bookmarked all of them and i WILL do all of them this year.

6. this leads me to discuss about the abundance of time that i currently enjoy. heh. honestly, my time for freedom left is rather uncertain so i really am trying to do everything that i want to before i begin the next phase of my life. it is exciting, absolutely. and i look forward to learn more and develop myself as a person in a new environment. so i will bake more this week, pack my room, decide on the additional decors i want and fix up everything else i want to do. (i really want to fix the kitchen.) this is also the reason why i will be cycling tomorrow (hopefully if air quality and weather permits) with Grandpa and Jo.

7. Grandpa asked me to cycle with him tomorrow. i was rather reluctant, honestly. swimming is more of my thing. but since he asked, and i'm not sure when i can spare such time to spend with him once i start working, i decided to get myself out and have some (hopefully) fresh air tomorrow. for context, the haze seems to be lingering in the air today, so i do hope that it'll be gone tomorrow.

Group Therapy
8. i have also been spending time with my favourite bff, making up for all the lost time for the past couple of years. i honestly think it keeps both of us sane and grounded to the things we believe in.

9. the start of a new week; learning to live in the present and not for the future.

10. it's going to be a fantastic week ahead <3
i feel myself overflow with positivity already

No comments:

Post a Comment