Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Afternoons; Eat Clean & Sleep

Ion Orchard; Toss & Turn
1. BFF and i finally managed to find time to meet yesterday. after over-eating more rubbish than i should last week, both of us decided to eat clean and boost our vegetable intake. had a very good salad at Toss & Turn with friendly and (relatively) patient staff. the plum sesame sauce was fantastic and the portion was appropriate.

2.  i have been rather sleep deprived trying to adjust to work schedule and juggling managing the dance workshop Facebook page. i was so tired i slept through my alarms today and missed service. 

3. my weigh-in this morning was at 46.5kg which came as a shock because i thought i'd have put on weight over the two weeks of work. (yknow, sitting in the office and all). but i didn't!! thankfully. that means i can start baking. lol

4. i was browsing my newsfeed on Facebook and came across this article about being good enough. it said something that made a lot of sense. "you will never look good enough for someone who doesn't love you." - food for thought maybe.

5. it's less than a week to the start of the dance workshop - my baby project and i am really excited. if you don't know yet. this is what i've been working on and this is a one-girl-show project, at least on the Singapore side, together with tons of love and support from my friends and family(:

6. i can't believe i'm saying this but i actually rather like my job. and for someone who has been eternally afraid of hating what i eventually would do, or being a slave to my career, this is rather significant to me. liking my job (or at least not hating it) - ranks rather high in my priority list. almost daily, i feel pangs of gratitude and awe that i'm right there at that desk, in the team. i am absolutely convinced that it was a divine intervention and God's plan (recalling my almost disastrous interview).

7. i am mega proud of myself to have started and finished my Sunday Afternoons post WITHIN Sunday. definitely improving, and definitely getting better at finishing tasks within the day. it must be all that training from work. ^^' anyhow, it's gonna be another awesome week and i'm really excited!!! (: may your week be as exciting as mine (alternatively you could find things to be excited about!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment