Monday, April 27, 2015

#23

i simply am not someone who would spend my birthday simply. perhaps it’s the historical records of my birthdays. something exciting always happens. somehow. until recent years when we all grow up and become busy. but i’ve learnt, that how awesome your 21st is or 20th is is not dependent on how you spent your birthday. it is, how you spent your entire year. my 20th birthday was not a huge celebration because again, most people were still having their exams. i had pretty Shannon to spend my birthday with me and i’m so thankful for that. but i spent a pretty good year being 20. and i think that counts more than anything. 
- blogpost 27 April 2013 
i can't believe i'm #23. people do their resolutions and recaps of the year on New Years' Eve. i do mine on birthdays. ^^'. i couldn't recall what i used to post on my birthdays and to my horror, i discovered that i actually didn't blog on my birthday last year - which yes. is kinda weird. perhaps instagram took over.

sharing a little bit of my past writing above. i used to write so much, and so much (better). getting rusty altogether now.

22 was life changing. it brought about convocation, unemployment for a few months (i.e. months of figuring out life) and then getting my first job. a year of changes, i can't decide if those changes were good. but i guess it's inevitable. it wasn't the best year, but i found new friendships that i would fight the world for. i found people i didn't mind hanging out with for almost 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. i found friends who have learnt how to manage me and my fluctuating emotions and moods, while i grew and learnt to ground myself in logic before anything else. it's been an amazing, unbelievable and almost ridiculous roller coaster ride the past 7 months. and i'm not sure if i'd have held up without them.

but life has been moving so fast and i really wanted to sit down, slow down and re evaluate my life. but i couldn't get away from work and spent 3/4 of my birthday in the office. not that i hated it. but i'll just have to find time this week. which i have declared my #birthdayweek *^^*

so much to do so little time. we don't remember days, we remember moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment